To apply: https://bonavista.hirecentric.com/jobs/75745.html
1. Plan and participate in activities to help individuals at Bona Vista learn daily living skills, communication skills, and any other skills based on their specific diagnoses.
2. Work within the community and within the home while monitoring the safety and security of the people served by Bona Vista.
3. Care for the physical needs of the people served by Bona Vista, including but not limited to, feeding, toileting, and assisting with hygiene.
4. Tasks of the CDD position could include, but are not limited to: lifting 25-50 pounds, bending, walking, climbing, stretching, grasping, squatting, twisting, carrying, pushing, pulling, guiding, and transporting.
5. After training provided by Bona Vista, operate and understand the functionality of medical adaptive equipment, which includes but not limited to: Wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, Shower Chairs, Blood Glucose Monitors, CPAP machines and Blood Pressure Monitors.
5. After training provided by Bona Vista, accurately pass or monitor administration of medications.
6. Document all activities of persons served in detailed, daily notes while actively maintaining records of provided support to persons served.
7. Provide active, attentive support in compliance with funding and governing bodies.
8. Display patience and composure in all situations by speaking, acting, and responding with situationally appropriate behaviors- including verbal or physical intervention. Additional training supports for these situations will be provided by Bona Vista Programs.
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must possess and maintain a clear criminal record per Medicaid Waiver regulation requirements.
3. Must be able to supply sufficient recommendations and references to support the fact that maturity, integrity and dependability are hallmarks of his/her personality.
4. Must possess excellent verbal communication skills, effective written skills, and strong teamwork skills.
5. Must possess or be able to obtain CPR, CPI, and first aid certification annually and perform as necessary.
6. Proficient in word processing and computer operation.
7. Maintain a valid Indiana driver's license, insurance on personal vehicle (minimum of PLPD with Medical liability coverage), and maintain insurability as defined by the agency liability insurance carrier preferred.