1. Care for the physical needs of the people served by Bona Vista, including but not limited to, feeding, toileting, and assisting with hygiene. These tasks could include, but are not limited to: lifting 25-50 pounds, bending, walking, climbing, stretching, grasping, squatting, twisting, carrying, pushing, pulling, guiding, and transporting.
2. Plan and participate in constructive activities within the community and within the home while monitoring the safety and security of the people served by Bona Vista.
3. Plan and provide instruction in daily living skills, communication skills, and any other skills based on the specific diagnoses.
4. Operate and understand the functionality of medical adaptive equipment, which includes but not limited to: Wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, Shower Chairs, Blood Glucose Monitors, CPAP machines Blood Pressure Monitors.
5. Accurately pass or monitor administration of medications.
6. Provide active, attentive support in compliance with funding and governing bodies to a designated person or household.
7. Display patience and composure in all situations by speaking, acting, and responding with situationally appropriate behaviors- including verbal or physical intervention.
8. Document all activities of persons served in detailed, daily notes while actively maintaining records of provided support to persons served.
Bona Vista Programs offers several competitive benefits including (for qualifying employees):
• Paid Training Program
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Profit Sharing Plan Retirement Program
• Paid Time Off: Includes medical, vacation, and bereavement
• Paid Holiday Time
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance: 80% employer paid premium for employees
• Short-Term Disability
• Supplemental Life/AD&D Insurance option
• Long-Term Disability Insurance: 100% employer paid
• Group Life & AD&D Insurance: 100% employer paid
• Discounted Gym Membership through GlobalFit
• Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
• Employee Wellness Program
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must possess and maintain a clear criminal record per Medicaid Waiver regulation requirements.
3. Must be able to supply sufficient recommendations and references to support the fact that maturity, integrity and dependability are hallmarks of his/her personality.
4. Must possess excellent verbal communication skills, effective written skills, and strong teamwork skills.
5. Must possess or be able to obtain CPR, CPI, and first aid certification annually and perform as necessary.
6. Proficient in word processing and computer operation.
7. Maintain a valid Indiana driver's license, insurance on personal vehicle (minimum of PLPD with Medical liability coverage), and maintain insurability as defined by the agency liability insurance carrier preferred.