High School Diploma/GED required. CDA or equivalent preferred. Individuals who do not have at least a CDA must agree to enroll in a program leading to a CDA or equivalent. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish favorable. Experience working with young children preferred. Must have or be able to obtain CPR and first aid certification annually and perform as necessary. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Assist teacher in providing instruction and opportunities for learning in an integrated classroom setting
- Assist in implementing developmentally appropriate activities in the area of language, self-help, find and gross motor, social/emotional skills and cognitive skills
- Help maintain classroom management
- Conduct activities with groups or individual children as requested by teacher
- Observe and document child's skills for accurate progress reporting
- Share ideas for classroom activities and bulletin boards