Manager of Finance and Operations
Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance
Job Title: Manager, Finance & Operations
Reports To: President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all accounting functions, financial procedures, safeguarding of assets, and financial reporting to internal customers, board committees, councils, and external entities. This position is also responsible for managing Alliance resources and assets to ensure organizational quality and optimizations are maintained. In addition, this position coordinates with the Professional Employer Organization for all Alliance payroll and human resource administrative functions, as well as provides support for outside auditors during a financial audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers the financial operating procedures to ensure the integrity of the financial information and safeguarding of assets.
- Account for all financial operations of the Alliance and its affiliate organizations.
- Prepare reports of financial results for the Alliance board, councils, staff and outside entities.
- Monitors account receivable and payable records.
- Reports and monitors grant financial results.
- Coordinates with the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) for all Alliance payroll and human resource administrative functions.
- Prepares various reports for Federal, State and local government entities.
- Prepares and maintains Inventrek Technology Park tenant lease documents.
- Maintains contracts for the Alliance.
- Assists CPA firm with annual financial audits.
- Works with the insurance agent to maintain adequate coverage for the Alliance.
- Leads and coordinates annual budget preparation.
- Oversees all Alliance capital asset procurements.
- Administers the day-to-day business operations of the Alliance to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Communicates expectations and manages employee performance of Alliance’s administrative staff
- Orient and train new employees.
- Assign work to direct reports and communicate how the successful performance of these duties will be measured.
- Assist direct reports with setting goals and objectives.
- Perform staff evaluations for direct reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a field relevant to finance and accounting, i.e. business administration, finance, public administration, or accounting is required. M.S./M.B.A. is preferred. Employee should possess 5 to 7 years of related experience and/or training in a finance or accounting role.
Experience working in an economic development or non-profit environment is preferred.